We offer specialized piano instruction to what we call the “average-age” group of children approximately ages 6 through 11. This program combines science with the art of music making, using evidence based teaching methods which are age-appropriate and account for cognitive developmental shift in maturation as it relates to piano learning and performance.
Program features include:
- Performing Arts Psychology: using applied psychological research to improve training practices.
- Comprehensive Musicianship: complete integration of music making elements.
- Private Lessons: individualized instruction suited to particular needs of each student. Instruction is also adjusted according to beginner, intermediate, and advanced playing levels.
- Performance Training with Group Classes: children learn to performing before a peer group with very low-threat experiences to build performance skills.
- Cooperative Learning Environment: creating a positive learning environment for children to grow.
- Integrated Technology: using web video, digital technology, and software applications to promote better music learning.
- Generous Incentive Systems: reinforcement systems using learning charts, stickers, small toys and trinkets on a weekly basis.
Yearly program format includes:
- 40 weekly individual private lessons
- 40 weekly computer-based instruction sessions
- 17 group performance classes (grouped by age)
- 1 recital
- 2 performance party events (Halloween & Christmas)
- 1 charity event